Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sickette

I swear 2 out of 3 of my kids are sickos! Someone breathes on them and they have a fever the next day. My oldest is like a workhorse, he NEVER gets sick. He could be in a room of sick people and still not come down with so much as a cold.

So I posted a couple days ago that A (my youngest) sick, well he breathed on M and she got sick. She was sick Sunday night, Monday I took her to the dr (she said her ears and throat hurt). They checked her out and did a urine sample, everything was fine. I kept her home from school on Monday, and again on Tuesday because she hadn't been 24hrs fever free. Today she woke up with a fever, WTC (what the crap!) and she said her throat hurt so I call the dr and I got to take her back in. This time she has a UTI!

My poor girl is cursed with recurring UTI's! She has had more in her short little life than most of the population. I had to promise her a new my little pony just so she would let them give her the shots she needed to feel better. Since our regular ped was out today, we get to go back to the dr tomorrow. She has been begging to go back to school every day this week, I feel so bad for her. At least now there is some sort of cure for her recent sickness.

Update - her fever is now up to 105.2, YIKES! I'll be up for a while tending to this monster of a sickness!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh no Cheryl! I hope she starts feeling better! UTI's are AWFUL!

TaraC said...

I'm so sorry M is so sick! I hope she gets better quickly!

Jean said...

Poor thing! I hope that fever comes down and she feels better VERY soon!

Jessica Ryan said...

I am hoping that she is better as I am reading this!