Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Games Kids Play

Do you remember the games you played as child...like hopscotch or hide and seek. Well things have sure changed! My 6 year old daughter informed me of some games she likes to play. I've included a list and brief description:

  • Throw your pony in the bushes - you take a my little pony and chuck it as far as you can in the bushes, then dig around to find it.
  • Pick the wings off the fly - you wait until Roxy (our kitty) has caught a fly, then you steal it from her and pick off the wings.
  • Kitty dress up - this is a classic (I did it when I was little) you find your prettiest doll dress and lovingly shove the kitty in it.
  • Kitty's day out - this usually follows kitty dress up, because every good mommy needs to take her child for a walk. M's doll pram works perfectly for this.
  • Glue the snail to a piece of cardboard - this classic game was created by my 6 year old at a friends party (I was so embaressed when I heard). You can check out the story of it here http://sugarcityjournal.blogspot.com/2008/08/birthday-run-down.html

Funny story about the throw your pony in the bushes game. M informed me that she couldn't play it anymore because her pony was "gross" from being in the bushes...um isn't that the point of your game?

What games do your kids play? Or did you play as a child?

2 comments:

Jean said...

What happened to good clean fun like Spin the bottle? LOL! A favorite here is shove everything through the cat door into the cellar!

Cheryl said...

LOL, yea really! Isn't it hilarious the games they come up with!