Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Scooter Bandit


Yesterday C wanted to ride his scooter to the park, so he came in side and asked if i had seen it. I told him no, it was right where he left it before school on Friday. I went outside to help him look after about 20 minutes of looking everywhere it was still not found. We came to the conclusion that someone took it.

The theft was my fault, normally I keep our gate closed (i've included a picture of the outside of our house so you can see how the gate is). I was a bit rushed on friday and didn't lock it back up. So the scooter decided to follow someone else home :(

C was devestated! He rides his scooter every chance he gets, so Saturday night I got off my tired butt and made a run to Target to replace the scooter. When he woke up this morning he was excited to see that I fixed my mistake. Life is good again in the Hirschi house!

5 comments:

Jenni said...

What a bummer! :(

TaraC said...

That stinks! I'm sorry that happened.

Cheryl said...

thanks guys, I was really annoyed someone would steal from a child! His scooter was well used, so I don't see why anyone would've wanted it.

TaraC said...

BTW, I tagged you!

Carissa said...

I think that's awful. Russell had his bike stolen when he was a kid and he got it back because it was registered with the local police station. They found it in a dumpster.